Embracing Life as a Single Mom

3:00 PM



Hey loves! It's 2018 and a year that is another blessing. This year I'm just embracing life and the many blessings and life lessons that are to come. In 2014, I gave birth to my son, Carter, who is now 3. Shortly after finding out I was pregnant I realized I would be on the road to becoming a single mom.

With support from my family and friends I found the strength I needed to be a great mom. I can only do my part in my son's life. There were times I would cry because I knew I was going to be a single mom. I was raised in a two parent home so me becoming a single mom made me depressed, disappointed like I wasn't doing right by my son. These past three years with Carter have been AMAZING and it's taught me so much. God doesn't put more on you than you can bear and I see that now. 




Having a child never made me give up on my dream of being a designer and finishing school. In fact, I graduated in 2016, got my cosmetology license and this fall I will graduate from college for apparel design. So a child doesn't stop you from being  the best you, it pushes you to dream BIGGER and want MORE for yourself as well as for your child. ALL my son knows is love. I am so grateful for the father figures in his life because they are truly a blessing. I embrace being a single mom because it helped me find a strength I never knew I had inside of me God blessed me to be Carter's mom. 

If there are any single parents out there know that you aren't alone and that it's possible to be a GREAT PARENT and live your dreams. Be motivated. Times aren't always easy and you'll feel like you want to quit but look at your baby and find your power to do more, be more to set the example.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Translate

Total Pageviews