DIY Leggings with Simplicity 8212

4:56 PM



  
Hey guys!  It's been a while since I posted anything on the blog. I'm out of school for the summer so I figure I can have a lot of content for the blog and Youtube so I can just release it once fall semester starts. I'm going to hold myself to it this time.
 I wanted to share with you guys these leggings are so up the past weekend. They fit so good and are extremely comfy. I picked up this pattern a while back.  It's Simplicity 8212. I could never find any reviews on this pattern before I started because it's still fairly new. I bought it from Walmart.



 Now this pattern doesn't have a ton of pieces so if you're a beginner this pattern is a plus. It has four ways you can design your leggings and you can choose whether you want it ankle or mid-calf length. I actually went with view D.



 I had purchased some double brushed poly knit fabric from LA Finch fabrics back in March and this was the perfect time to use them. I really love the idea of contrast fabric for my leggings. I don't think the fabric is on the website anymore, but they do have a ton of  new fabric you can check out. Overall the pattern was easy to follow and I even sewed my mom a pair. I have video on the way I have been trying to upload it but sadly I've been having some technical difficulties UGH!!! I had one small problem with these leggings and that was the waistband. I couldn't get my elastic quite right. One side bunched up as it normally would with elastic and the other side didn't but you can't tell once the leggings are one my body. I used a 3-step zigzag stitch for that part. Here are some more photos and close up of stitch details: 









Simplicity 8212 Pattern Review:

 Pattern description:  The ultimate pair of on the go leggings 

Pattern sizing:  The sizes range from extra extra small to extra extra large. I chose to cut out a large. I was really in between sizing so the large were like 2 3/4 smaller than my normal size so I cut that out instead of the extra large which would have been an inch and a fourth too big. 

 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it? yes it looks exactly like the picture. 

 What did you particularly like or dislike about pattern? I like that the pattern was very easy to make and it's a little to no time to make the leggings and that the pattern offers a variety of different designs to choose from. I dislike the waistband part because it was very unclear about how to sew in the waistband ,which resulted in mine being bunched just on one side and kind of smooth on the other but you can't really tell once the leggings are on the body.

 Fabric used:   Double brushed poly knit and a double brushed poly knit with spandex blend

 Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I switched out the waistband of view D. I use the waistband on view a and B only because it was a smaller waist band and I didn't want my torso to be so covered up with the high  waistband of view C and D. 

 Would you sew it again? Yes I would because I love leggings and these were super comfortable. And my schools campus is like  a sports campus so you can pretty much catch people walking around with workout gear on a lot and it helps with me walking to and from my classes in the hot Alabama heat.   






You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post! Even I bought Carbon38 workout leggings recently in this color only. These leggings are very comfortable and I even have the one you have shared here. I am very happy to invest in such comfortable leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.
    Jabong Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh great, thanks for sharing this wonderful article with us, keep it up.
    Best Nail Clipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceptional piece of substance in the wake of scrutinizing this I'm feeling overwhelming so much that I've increment a sort of information from this page. Continue doing great!! Thankful to YOU!
    InfinitiKloud Wireless review

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! .I appreciate your hard work. Thank you for sharing. I have also shared some useful information. photo stick vs infinitikloud on Ossward.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Translate

Total Pageviews