Fashion Break News: 3.1 Phillip Lim and Target Fall Collaboration

8:08 PM


Source: 613style.com

Designer Phillip Lim of his famous line 3.1 Phillip Lim has recently collaborated with Target for the fall 2013 season. That's right people TARGET! Designer brands at reasonable prices screams what Target is all about presenting to their customers. I screamed when I read about this collaboration. Creating versatile pieces than can go from morning, noon, and night. See how Lim and Target brought about this collaboration.












 "Would you ever consider doing a permanent diffusion or lower-priced line?

I never say never, but I can say not right now. For me even to do this collab, it was like, what was the purpose? That’s why we waited for so long–the courtship was like five years." -Lim's Interview with Fashionista.com







 How did Target approach you initially and why did you finally agree?

Five years ago, they asked if I wanted to do this specific project, Go International. This one isn’t the Go one, and I was just focusing on my thing and was like, I don’t understand why I would do that. In hindsight, I was like, thank God because when you’re working with a company like Target, it’s an industry in itself and as big as it is, it’s such responsibility. A t-shirt on Target’s scale, it’s like a city of t-shirts, and I don’t want to just litter. I pushed them off for five years and they kept coming back and coming back and they were finally like, ‘Okay you have to, you can’t wait anymore, so do whatever you want.’” (Source: Fashionista.com)







The collection has styles for both men and women to rock for any event. Although these are beautiful we won't get to see them in stores until September 15th of this year. The line showcases not only men and women apparel but accessories, shoes, and bags. Lim has stunned us with his design for the masses. Prices are set at $19.99 to $299.99 for apparel and $19.99 to 59.99 for accessories. Check out more of the incoming items from the collection.


























Picture Sources: Fashionista ; 613style

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Translate

Total Pageviews