The Styler Chit Chat with Larissa Bruin of FROM HATS TO HEELS

10:16 AM

Good morning fashion lovers! If you frequently browse for fashion bloggers for inspiration, then Larissa Bruin is a name that rings a bell. Larissa is the owner/editor of her personal style blog FROMHATSTOHEELS. She showcases her love of fashion through her marvelous OOTD's, lifestyle, and occassionally rummaging her friends closets every month. I had the pleasure of getting to know a little bit about Larissa and I must say she is very down to Earth and open to share with her readers.   


|Check out the interview below|


1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am Larissa Bruin, a psychotherapist turned stylist. On my blog I share my outfits, inspiration, and thoughts about fashion.


2. Where do you pull inspiration from for your OOTDs? 
I find my inspiration in all kinds of things. This could be culture, nature, achitecture, politics. My brains are always set on fashion and every thought entering, gets mingled with it.

 3. Did you know much about blogging when you started? How did you get started in the blogging world?
When I started blogging, I knew nothing. I had seen some other fashion blogs which I liked and they inspired me on how to get started. It took a while before I decided that I wanted to blog seriously, structurally. I think that the help & support of my (ex)boyfriend and father who photographed me has helped me out to continue doing it.

4. Who are some of your favorite bloggers?
My favourite bloggers, amongst others, are

5. How would you describe the fashion differences between your homeland and the USA?
I think that fashion in The Netherlands doesn't always get the attention it deserves. I furthermore know that the typical Dutch style is modest and somewhat conservative. I find it hard to define the difference with the USA, cause I think there is also a difference between LA & NY for example, with LA being more minimalistic and NY being more urban. Excuse me if I'm wrong. My overall answer would have to be that Dutch fashion is more simplistic.



6. Top 5 favorite places to shop.
1. Asos
2. River Island
3. Topshop
4. Chicwish
5. Vintage (markets or boutiques)

7. What else do you enjoy doing when you're free from blogging?
I love to travel; city trips or tropical hotspots are my favourite. I the end I am just a life-lover, and I like to have a good time with friends & family; going out, shopping, going to the movies, acting crazy, dancing, singing, la la la.



8. Has anything unexpected came from having your blog, such as sponsorship, collaborations, etc.?
Nowadays, I have a lot of collaborations and sponsorship running. It amazes me sometimes, looking at all the great things coming from having a blog. It's a lot of hard work, but it's definitely worth it. The events and getting to meet inspiring co-bloggers is simply great.

9. Describe your blog's aesthetic that makes it stand out from other blogs.
This is a hard question. I just do what I love and I wear what I love the way I love it. I think every blog is different, if only it's because it's personal; personal style, personal thoughts. I always try to stay true to myself and I would love to keep the distance between me and my readers as small as possible.


10. Any encouraging words for the readers?
If you have a blog, and you really love doing it, you should not give up. Most important is that you never lose the pleasure of blogging. Good luck!


|Photo Sources: Fromhatstoheels|

Want more of Larissa? Check out her blog: FROMHATSTOHEELS

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, your outfits are just awesome. I love your style of dressing. Visit for black winter hat for women and buy a beautiful hat of your choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Translate

Total Pageviews